On 29 Sep 96 at 17:54, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> The 104th Congress has adjourned without The Udall bill being voted
> on in the House.

This is a little premature. It is likely that Congress will adjourn
tomorrow, and no action will be taken on Udall, but as they say,
"It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings."

One positive note is that the fiscal 1997 spending bill the Clinton
administration and congressional leaders agreed to Saturday (and
which was passed by the House) contains $12.7 billion for the
National Institutes of Health, $819 million above 1996 and $371
million more than Clinton's request. Senate will vote on it tomorrow.

Now let's work to make sure we get our share!