At 06:12 PM 9/29/96 -0400, you wrote:
>PD and Stature: 29 Sep 1996:
>The other day at a PD support group meeting, I noticed that four of
>the 8 or 9 attendees were small people; not dwarfs or midgets, just
>notably in the lower half of the range. I don't know offhand of any
>specific report on this correlation, but there must be a pile of
>statistics out there. Just for fun, I'd like to hear from anyone
>who feels he or she is small: say 63" or less for women, 67" or
>less for men. If you know any other PWP in this category, send the
>data for them too. All I need for now is: Height(inches); Gender;
>Age at diagnosis. This is decidedly not a scientific survey, but
>stature may well be brain-related (the pituitary is nearly at the
>center of the brain). I'll count the entries and, if they look
>interesting, post results here in a couple of weeks.
>Cheers,
>Joe
>

>J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694
>3527 Cody Road
>Sherman Oaks CA 91403

Dear Joe and others,

Just like everyone else, we are all different.

Age 63 (almost 64), PD diagnosis official 1991, symptoms noted late 1971.

Height has increased about 1/2 inch following Sinemet therapy. (legs not
longer I think -- rather think the difference is in the torso. Pants which
used to be a perfect are a bit short in the rise. Thickness change of hair
on top of the head is obviously not the source of the extra height.  Now 6'
1+", weight 216 lbs.. I'm not a little guy... I do not consider myself to
still be a growing boy!

WILL JOHNSTON   4049 OAKLAND SCHOOL ROAD
                SALISBURY, MD 21804-2716
                410-543-0110
Pres A.P.D.A.  DelMarVa Chapter
63  Dx1991 Symptoms 1971