Thought I'd see how many people would catch my error in arithmetic.  (Nobody
has called it to my attention in three plus hours.)  Of course, ten percent
of 1.5 million is 150,000, 12 months at $60.00 per month is $720 per year,
so that is only $108 million a year spent on Eldepryl if my assumptions are
correct.  That's still bigger than the amount that the Udall bill would have
set aside for Parkinson's research, so the point is the same.

And I don't know if my assumptions are right or not - but methinks them to
be a bit on the low side.  If so, this only strengthens the case.  By the
time other medications are considered and the rest of the world is thrown
in, the amount spent on medications for Parkinson's might well prove to be
well over that $1,080 million anyway.

Art Hirsch
Lewisville, TX