I remember having read years ago that some statistics gave a hint that having
had a period of hardship with undernourishment caused a predisposition to PD.I
Remember this so clearly because iwas born in Holland in 1944,during WWar 2,
before the so called hunger winter. In that time thousands of people died from
starvation. I myself was during my first year undernourished. I am 1.62m[63
inch]. My parents and sisters who where born after the war are taller. Of
course this is much to anecdotical to draw any conclusion. But maybe it is
interesting to know if the fenomenon you  saw has anything to do with a
childhood in unfavorable conditions.
                                      Ida
p.s. i was diagnosed as pd at 40 and am the only in my family.