>To all of those that have written to Bliley and Bilirakis, your
>efforts are beginning to pay off.  Upton approached Bliley and
>Bilirakis and finally got their agreement to take the NIH
>revitalization bill to the House floor.  (That's the two forward)
>however, when they approached Chris Smith of Trenton, NJ. , he
>refused to go along with the compromise and scuttled this attempt to
>bring the bill to the House floor.
>
>PAN doesn't feel that writing or calling Smith will be effective,
>so I'm suggesting we attempt to get the  more reasons members of
>the right to life coalition to attempt to persuade Smith to go along
>with the compromise.  That compromise being: pass the NIH
>revitalization bill for one year instead of 3 and debate the
>contentious issues next year.  I suggest you convey your appreciation
>to Bliley and Bilirakis and encourage them to keep looking for a way
>to get this bill passed in the house.

Please correct me if I'm wrong--BUT, when I went up to our Govt. Docs.
floor in the Main Library to look this up last Feb. I was told by one of
the Govt. Doc.s Librarians, who helped me FIND the Bill 1462, that each
time it is re-submitted it gets a different number & it can only
be re-submitted 3 times.    This year is the Third year it has been
re-submitted?
  If they don't get it on the floor for somekind of vote this year
they will have to start over?
Is this correct?

As ever,
Marjorie Moorefield