Joan Martin wrote:

> Hi, we are VERY interested in this item, as Jack used tablets to keep his BP
> "down" - "just in case" - (it never was up), and nitro (tabs and then the
> patch) for over 10 years for what we were told was angina, but probably was
> anxiety and the depression that sometimes first present before the PD or SDS
> symptoms appear.

Hi Joan,

Except the abbreviation o PD,I don't know the significance of SDS (has some conection
with disordered movements ?)and BP. Excuse my ignorance please.

  Jack ended up having triple bypass heart surgery in April
> '94.  Before that the nitro dosage kept being increased by the doctor and
> then it didn't seem to help at all.  About 6 months after the surgery the
> SDS gait and small handwriting appeared.  He'd had nocturia (bed wetting)
> and dizzy spells for two years before that, but we were told he had prostate
> problems......

If it may help,let me tell you my own experience.After taking seleginine for some
months I started to feel a change with my urges with miction functions.Innitialy I
suspected of problems with the prostate since most men may suffer of it as they get
older.Then more recently I started to see now and then some fine lines flying in the
peripheria of my eyes.Well I decided by my own risk to reduce to half the amount of
the drugs I had been taken ,and then these symptoms seems to be reducing rapidly.

> ...chest pain may appear to have a typical relation to effort. HOWEVER, IT IS
> OF THE GREATEST IMPORTANCE THAT NITROGLYCERIN BE AVOIDED IN THIS PATIENT
> POPULATION, SINCE PROFOUND HYPOTENSION AND EXACERBATION OF AGINA IS LIKELY
> TO OCCUR.
>
> We couldn't believe it when we read it!  All those years of taking nitro,
> probably just made Jack sicker.   We have searched for other info re nitro
> and angina but have been unable to find anything else.  Anyone have similar
> experience with chest pain (angina) and nitroglycerin?

I feel sorry in not be able to help about the nitro and angina.
Best wishes,

           |  Internet :    [log in to unmask]             |
           +---------------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |--------------+