As I see it, our biggest mistake in the Udall Bill thinggee was in ONLY asking
for $100 million.  It's obvious to ME that in asking for such a paltry sum
from our government, that we didn' t make an IMPRESSION on that august body.

Heck... to your average "good ol boy" politician, a $100 mil, give or take a
few million, is simply peanuts!   Therefore, we SHOULD have asked for 950
million bucks, and THEN they would have sat up and taken notice!  Of COURSE,
they would have said THAT was too much money to allocate for an "old people's
disease," and then we oh-so-graciously could lower our request to to a more
"reasonable" figure - say $600 million.  Should that amount still disturb the
governmental "powers-that-be," why, ever thoughtful, we could concede and
lower our figure just a tad more... to say... ohhhhhh.... $500 million!

Why I bet them politicians would be SOOO happy to have saved 450 million big
ones because of our being flexible (and ya KNOW how tough it is for a Parkie
to be "flexible," unless they're in an "on" mode, of course) <errr .. just a
little Parkie " humor here, people> (grin), that they would have BEGGED us to
take the $500 million and disappear back into the woodwork where we came from!

So remember... in life, but ESPECIALLY when dealing with the government (the
entity that wrote the book about the true meaning of the word "inertia"), ya
gotta THINK BIG!!! <wee smirk>

Barb Mallut