Hi, I'm new to the list and I'd like to introduce myself to all.  I'm a
librarian in a public library as you can see from my signature panel.  My
mother was diagnosed with Parkinson's a couple of years ago.  She's been
on several different medications since then.  She was also told that she
has essential tremors in her arms and hands.  A week ago last Monday she
had a severe reaction to her medications.  She's currently taking Artane
and the highest dosage of Sinemet.  She's also on Atenolol for high blood
pressure.  Her reaction was in the form of violent arm and leg movements
with a rocking of the torso.  The doctor determined that the high dosage
of Sinemet along with the Artane and the fact that the neurologist told
her she could take over the counter sleep aids were all waring with each
other to cause this reaction.  They decided to cut her dosage of Sinemet
in half and she appears to be much better.  Mom will be 72 in March.

I just need help in understanding this disease and a place to come to when
I have questions.  Thanks for the opportunity to visit with you all.

Sincerely, Sheila Chaudoin

Sheila Chaudoin                 Phone: 319-263-3065
Musser Public Library           Fax: 319-264-1033
304 Iowa Ave.                   [log in to unmask]
Muscatine, Ia  52761-3875       http://www.rbls.lib.il.us/mus/index.html