On 10/01/96 00:31:53 Nicole wrote:

>I have my own curiousities concerning Pd...seems to me that those of us in
>their 30's that I have talked to who have this disease also have parents
who
>were involved in WW2......makes me wonder what they were exposed to over in
>Europe...
>
>Nicole Gall.......

That stirred a long-forgotten memory. Back about 1969, at the height of the
hippie culture epizoodic, I was in a New York City taxi being entertained,
as usual, by one of the city's homespun cabbie philosophers. Predictibly,
the topic of his lecture was the current drug and love-bead scene.

"I've got a theory, lady", he said, as he deftly avoided a collision, "its
all them shots the G-Is had to have before they shipped out. I think it did
something to their genes."

I've never been quite sure that he wasn't on the right track.

For the record in the stature survey: my husband used to be 70". Now he has
shrunk to 66". Mostly, this is due to his severe osteoporosis and what PD is
doing to his muscles. Onset about age 60, diagnosis at age 65 eleven years
ago.

Martha