Monica:

I really don't understand where your opposition to John's post is coming
from.
 ----------
From: Monica Burke
To: Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN; dviolante
Subject: Re: The Grinches Who Stole Christmas
Date: Thursday, October 03, 1996 12:30PM

     I am deeply offended by your posting.  I will not return the offense
     by calling you hateful names, but I will volunteer that I am neither a
     "Christian Right,"  at least not in the evil sense you've placed on
     it, nor am I an angry white male, nor am I mean-spirited.  I could go
     on about my own preferences and impressions, but again, I will not
     stoop to that.  People will NOT be changed by name-calling.  I have to
     assume I am not the only one "of my kind" on this whole listserv.
     Please, PLEASE let's refrain from such emotionally divisive issues as
     party lines.  It's surely not that simple.

     Monica Burke