Kathy:

I should have emphasized that the psychodelic effects from Passion flower,
etc. were achieved with highly concentrated extracts of the plant. A tea made
from steeping leaves, etc. probably would not cause a problem. But many herbs
contain powerful alkaloids with uncertain effects which vary with variety,
site, and preparation. Many herbs have long traditions of usefulness, but
others can be deadly when used incorrectly.

I am very much aware this morning of the danger involved when just about any
chemical is taken by a PWP. My husband had a terrifying hallucinogenic
nightmare last night after taking a half tablet of Ambien. He has not had any
problems with that supposedly benign sleep aid before. He had not used any
sleep inducing medications for a week. No other variables in diet,
medications, or daily routine were involved. Because everything about PD is
involved with brain chemistry, we have to be careful with unknown chemicals.
We are having enough trouble with the ones approved by our FDA watchdogs and
prescribed by our doctors.