Martha:
Thank you for your clarification on Passion Flower.  I am aware of "deadly"
herbs and such as have done extensive research/training in herbology, but
not in their interactions with PD drugs.  I personally take a Passion flower
mixture, but then I don't have PD!!!  That is why I am so grateful to all of
you who openly share so much info on listserv.  I pass this onto John for
his enlightenment, as he also is highly sensitive to the PD drugs.  Just had
a real bad bout with hallucinations and doctors still trying to find
workable dose for him in Permax/Sinemet he takes.

Sorry to hear about your husband's horrific night (and it's effect on you as
well).  John and I are becoming increasingly aware through all of you how
labile the interactions of drugs, food, stress etc can be on a daily/hourly
basis for those with PD.  That is why I came to the list on his behalf
regarding the herbs mentioned by the Naturopath.  He asks me for information
and I do my best to research it for him - he does not own a computer.  I
"stumbled" upon this list and he thought it would be a great idea if I could
send him whatever was shared by those who deal with it on personal level.
John is the only reason I joined.

I wholeheartedly agree with you - We just don't know enough about the brain
and how it will react to anything for any person on any given day.  He is
very cautious with the herbs he takes - I recommend nothing to him.  I just
present him with the research.  It is his choice alone.  We are both
infinately appreciative of all you have to share.

I hope I have not come across on the listserv as "pushing" herbs.  I never
meant that in any way.  I do this solely for John, and my subsequent
knowledge gained is a wonderful side benefit.  If I see something on the
listserv that I think I can add to with my herbal training, I do so, but
don't mean to impose on anyone. If anyone is feeling that way, I will
"quietly observe".  I honor and respect the choices all have made and do not
condemn or judge the use of pharmaceuticals. (I myself have had to use them
in my treatment.)

This is quite windy, but after some of the messages on listserv yesterday I
felt I may be overstepping in some way.  If I am, I would sincerely
appreciate the feedback.  In reading the post by Don Bernado yesterday, I
felt it hit a nerve.  I am extremely sensitive to what is said on the
listserv, and am totally aware that I am here as your guest.  I never wish
to impose anything on anyone.  As stated previously THE ONLY REASON I AM ON
THIS PD LISTSERV IS FOR JOHN.  I AM NOT HERE TO TRY TO SELL ANYONE ANYTHING
- YOU HAVE MY WORD.  John came to me personally, as some of you have in
private email. I pass along what I research, and am not here as a "sales
gimmick".  Forgive the raw nerves exposed, but I feel I owe it to all of you
to clarify my position.  I will appreciate and honor your feedback.

Thanks again Martha.
As Ever,
Kathy - friend of John (72/2)
Kathy Sedler, Herbalist