I appreciate list members willingness to permit us to ventilate.I couldn't
resist. Following is simply my personal expression (as always, I ramble on  &
on.. this is  LONG)  - nothing more,  re the above captioned subject:

We didn't make-it. I felt feel the wind punched right outa me..   I'm allot
slower than I was a couple years ago when I first joined you my comrades. to
pass the Udall bill. I've moaned "if we don't make it this year, I just can't
take another year trying. But l'm all the wiser and all the better.And I'm
mad! I got sucked in, "grateful" for the sudden kindness of last-second
cosigners. One"first reluctant-then last minute cosigner" shared with me in
differant words that  the Udall bill could be stopped at the last minute,
then next year - we could be given "the same money" as Udall cosigners switch
to Smith's bill.and they could  pass the Smith bill "for us". I may sound
"ungrateful" but I felt indignant.

I know that the main goal is research funding for PD. But this sickened me.
The people with Parkinsons, many that are 'right-to-lifers', many that are
"pro-choice", and many that "straddle that fence", spoke to our elected
officials. We spoke, and many listened, and many helped. To me, the "Morris
K. Udall Parkinsons Research and Education" bill represented our love and
respect for each other and for those who struggle to help us. The bill was
named "in honor" of Mo Udall. His family's fight for this bill contributed to
the saving of many of us from despair, inspired us to fight for those  that
came before us and for those that are with us and for those yet to step into
our shoes. It's not JUST the money. We aren't JUST meaningless political
pawns for those assholes that pat themselves thinking  themselves "humane" as
they claim they "saved us" from being "soiled" by the research findings of a
bill that did not specifically forbid fetal tissue use.My thoughts are " How
dare them even imagine that they can speak for us". The Udall bill was
supported by the sweat and tears of our nation's Parkinsons community, and by
the prayers and encouragement of the world's Parkinsons Community. The Smith
bill was not. We are in this together. And we won't be put off by those of
poor character who played "dirty politics", those who jeopardized the lives
of many by delaying research by stopping our bill for their self righteous
promotion, those who represent an obnoxious minority and misrepresent many
good people. We will instead, regroup. We shall admit our lesson leaned: The
enemy is larger than "just PD". We are no longer invisible, yet we are not
 visible enough. But we will be. We are strong but we need to embrace the
strength of ALL our friends. We won't grobble anymore - we will be stronger.
 We are many. We will reach out to our friends around the world. We will seek
out our friends in the United states, including our neighbors just down the
street - that are not yet even aware of the help we need. We will be many
more.

We will do this and we will have done our job. We will be part of the
miracle. It's our task to do. Let's catch our "second wind", and be part of
the miracle of life as it should be. Parkinsons Disease and fools of this
world thought they could steal our lives from us. Wrong! We are participants
in the good shaping of this world. We are in it together.

Maryhelen