Roy Edwards wrote on 2 Oct. 1996:

 <I'm sure that like many Brits here in the UK I followed the progress of the
 <Udall Bill with high interest, in the realisation that it could change all
 <our lives. I really felt for all you Americans who worked so hard only to see
 <it stopped at the last stage. At times I felt impotent because I could do
 <nothing to help. On many occasions I considered sending a letter to support
 <it but had the uneasy feeling that it might be taken wrongly if a `foreigner`
 <tried to influence the politics in another country. However, in the light of
 <recent messages on the list from Stephen Lofthouse and the reply from
 <Marjorie Oldfield  (outlining a possible format) I feel that perhaps there
 <might be a case for an international  message of support. What do the
 <organisers of the forthcoming January campaign 1997 feel about this ? Would
 <it be appropriate ? We would need to take your advice on this. I would be
 <prepared, if requested, to email, write or phone and I'm sure that many
 <around the world would feel the same. Let us know if you feel there is
 <anything we can do.
 <Good luck in the forthcoming fight,
 <Every best wish,
 <Roy
 <Roy A Edwards, U.K.      ([log in to unmask])

Hello Roy,

It will do a whole lot of good in some ways.
For one, you and all other symphathizing people outside the US, will no doubt
get a feeling of satisfaction out of playing an active roll in a good endeavor.
Two : I can assure you that it makes us US citizens feel very grateful that the
cause is getting support from abroad.
But I am afraid that it will cut no ice with the pols in Washington.
They only listen to their constituents at home that keep them elected and to the
special interests to which they sold their soul.
This is sad but true.

We thoroughly appreciate the thought though.

Will A. Kuipers   ( in Dallas, Texas )       ( 75 / dx'91 )
INTERNET:[log in to unmask]