Stature And PD

The responses to my little survey of last week, looking for male
PWP shorter than 67" and females shorter than 63", were quite few,
only 2 men and 17 women, both very small fractions of the group
represented.

For comparison, the median (50%) height of the general population
in the age group 55-64 is about 63"  for women, and about 68" for
men. The figures diminish somewhat for increased age of the group
selected (i.e., the younger generation tends to be taller).

It's hard to base a firm judgement on such a casual survey, where
participation was voluntary. We don't know how many in our sample
of some 1300 listmembers, relatives, and acquaintances were
qualified to respond but didn't. In all, I would say there appears
to be no striking preponderance of small PWP. In fact, some members
volunteered that they are taller than usual, and there might just
as well be a bias in that direction. (5 October 1996)

Cheers,

Joe

J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road