To those who wanna read it, regarding "off days:"

As many of you know, my job (which I adore) is as a forum manager on The
Microsoft Network (MSN), and my forum is the Chronic Disease & Disorders
Forum.  RIght now I'm running about 45 diffferent areas of  my forum covering
a wide variety of chronic diseases - from MS, to CFS (Chronic Fatigue
Syndrome),  to Lupus, to you name it.  There's also tons of additional areas
related to chronic illness.

NOW... what I'm getting to (betcha thought I'd NEVER get there, either!)
<grin> is the fact that in the year that I've managed my forum, I believe I've
seen it ALL when we'retalkin' chronic disease!    And I seriously doubt that
ANY disease that ANY human being is subject to doesn't offer its unwilling
host some "off days," or "bad days."

Believe me, my dear friends, those of us with Parkinsons's have NOT cornered
the market on having "off days!"

I think that in our own misery with PD, we tend to forget that there ARE other
equally (and in some cases WORSE) diseases than Parkinson's out there.  And we
tend to forget what it was llike for us BEFORE we had PD (21 years ago, in my
case) and I'd be willing to bet ya not a one of us didn't have the occasional
"off day" THEN, too.

Sooo... please remember that an "off day" IS, while uncomfortable (when we're
ALREADY feeling yucky!), NORMAL for just about any person on God's green
earth!   Hey - I think even kings, presidents, sports greats and movie stars
have "off days,' so why shouldn't WE?

Let's try to remember that there IS (there IS, there IS, I KNOW there is!)
<Barb pounds that thought into her reluctant mind> (rueful smile), uhhhhhh....
I digress... there IS more to life than this steeeeenkin' disease, and it's
important for us to NOT forget that!!   In fact, it's MORE than "important,"
it's imperitive, 'cause THAT'S what keeps us sane, and THAT'S what ties us to
our fellow beings in the NON-Parkie world.

"Off days" are NORMAL for our species!!!  <getting offa soapbox>

Barb Mallut,