Helen - 80/5PD - main symptoms are excessive tremor, which has
deteriorated over the years. Present PD medication is:-

 3 - 5mg/day Procyclidine & occassionally
 half tablet 62.5 mg Madopar Dispersible which she is taking to try and
accustomise herself to L-Dopa, which she feels she needs, but which
only accentuates the tremor and causes considerable agitation..

Initially she tried Disipal, which almost cured the tremor, but
caused considerable nausea, and the tremor returned as before.

We are now discussing alternastive medications with her doctor and
the following are being considered:

1. Revert back to Disipal, but with an anti-nausia drug, such as
domaperidone.

2. Pergolide/Permax

3. Ropininole/Requip.

(1) Causes us concern, as it means taking a fairly powerful drug to
counter the effect of another drug, and this seems a slipperly slope
if there are alternatives.

(2) There have been some very worrying accounts on the List of the
severe side effects e.g. halucinations etc. of Peroglide/Permax.

(3) Appeals to me - I'm a sucker for anything new - but our doctor
has no direct experience of Ropinole,  and is reluctant to prescribe
it, but several postings have suggested that it has many lower side
effects than Pergolide.

Has any  one the list any direct experience of either pergolide or
ropinole on tremor, which seems to be one of the most difficult
symptomx of PD to allievate.

with best wishes to you all

Ray  ([log in to unmask])