One correction:   Lobbying of Bilirakis and Bliley was ultimately
sucessful.  They finnally agreed to allow the bill to go to the floor
for a vote.  It wass  Congressman Chris Smith's intention to debate
the fetal tissue / abortion isssue that prevented the vote (hich we
had enough cosponsors to win).  The resason he was able to hold up
this bill was because there was not enough time to debate the issue
with Congress wanting to adjourn.

Although Smith'ss re election seems certain, several of his
idealogical allies have close races.  Flannigan from Chicago is not
expected to win in this heavily democratic district and  Volkmer of
Mo. has a tight race.  I met with Flannigan personally.  He was the
most arrogant elected official I  have run accross.  He purposely
seated us in  a low couch in  his office, then stood   leaning against
his desk so as to tower over us, while lecturing us as to how he would
never support the Udall Bill as long as there was even the most
minescule chance of even one penny supporting research involving an
induced aborted fetus.

It is closed minded individuals such Flannigan that I have a problem
with.  The Udall Bill had many pro life supporters some of whom
were deeply concerned about the remote possibility of a woman having
an abortion to provide fetal tissue for research.   They were
pursuaded by the laws prohibiting unethical use of fetal tissue.  I
presume  some weighted  this obscure possibility against the easing
of suffering  and the lives of  1.5 million Parkinson's victims.
When dealing with those pro life zealots who simply  say No, No, No
if abortion is mentioned in the same sentense with fetal tissue,
I always ask myself isn't my life worth  something,  especially when
weighed against a miniscule if not totally fictious hypothetical event.

We in the USA get to vote for those  who represent us.  I suggest we
elect people of reason vs zealots.  This abortion issue is a
difficult one and hysteria only further complicates it.