At 11:35 PM 10/1/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi
>Obviously reducing the amount of carbidopa did nothing for my
>memory.......twas not until I read Anne's response that I remembered that I
>had elimination of dystonia in my left foot that had been quite painful for
>about six months.  The dystonia disappeared on when I replaced two CR with 3
>10/100's.

Rita:

The therapeutic benefit of the CR tablet is only 70% of the same potency
standard release tablet. If you were taking 2 xx/100 CRs for example, you
were receiving the benefit of 140 mg of levodopa. The three xx/100s you
replaced them with provide the benefit of 300 mg of levodopa. Providing that
this increase of dosage didn't induce end-of-dose dyskinesia, you were
severely undermedicated.
John Cottingham    To search the Parkinsn archive, send search requests
                   to [log in to unmask] with Archive Search as the subject.
LibraryH           Searches of the Subject: line, From: line and Body are
                   possible. Look for "Revised Current Topics...." message
[log in to unmask]    for Articles and Studies available by e-mail.