I'm sure that like many Brits here in the UK I followed the progress of the
Udall Bill with high interest, in the realisation that it could change all
our lives. I really felt for all you Americans who worked so hard only to see
it stopped at the last stage. At times I felt impotent because I could do
nothing to help. On many occasions I considered sending a letter to support
it but had the uneasy feeling that it might be taken wrongly if a `foreigner`
tried to influence the politics in another country. However, in the light of
recent messages on the list from Stephen Lofthouse and the reply from
Marjorie Oldfield  (outlining a possible format) I feel that perhaps there
might be a case for an international  message of support. What do the
organisers of the forthcoming January campaign 1997 feel about this ? Would
it be appropriate ? We would need to take your advice on this. I would be
prepared, if requested, to email, write or phone and I'm sure that many
around the world would feel the same. Let us know if you feel there is
anything we can do.
Good luck in the forthcoming fight,
Every best wish,
Roy
Roy A Edwards, U.K.      ([log in to unmask])