Hi Cindy--re: mom's 1st neuro appt.----it could take up to an hour,it all
depends on the doc--same is true of the RX for meds, etc. I would hope he
(OR SHE) will take time to get to know  your mom before prescribing...and
be open to LISTENING (which is very hard for our neuro to do! ) Be sure to
take with her whatever records she has of her ups and downs, and perhaps ask
her M.D. to forward her records that would be useful? I find that it helps
to write down specific questions beforehand, to be sure  they are answered.
We have a notebook we drag out for this each doctor visit  :-)  and they get
used to it! Above all, don't be afraid to ask questions, and get everything
straight. Good luck!
Camilla Flintermann,CG for Peter 78/7, Oxford,OH