bernardo klainberg wrote:

>  After   8 yrs with  PD  I am still taking  only  eldepryl,and 1M vit.e.
> daily, AND frankly, I do not know if my slowly developing pd is due to that.
> i do not intend to start on l-dopa till it really interferes with my
> life,having heaard so many horror stories all these years,
>
>   many ,many times, i wonder if i shud stop even the eldepryl ?   every
> neurologist has a different opinion,
> perhaps people on this board know better.........
>
> don b.

For what it's worth Don....
Just one more word about Selegiline (A.K.A. Eldepryl, Deprenyl, etc), but
I'll bet
it wont be the last word on the subject. I took myself off Eldepryl about
2 months ago for a
number of reasons not the least  of which was I didn't like the fuzzy
feeling in my head that
the medication caused. Second reason, it's expensive, $118 a month.
Measure the cost
against the fact that  my Neurodoc couldn't tell me what, if any benefit
I could expect to
get from the med  and the decision got easier.

I have read a number of articles about Selegiline over the last 4 or 5
years and almost
without exception, every statement of alleged benefits of the drug is
preceded by "may..."
or "it is thought by some to...." or some such qualifier. Does even the
manufacturer
know for certain if there is any benefit from this medication?

The final straw was the manufacturers "value in persistancy" program. To
me it sounded
like..."it may not do any good but keep taking it folks just in case...."
I'm not from Missouri
but even Vermonters want to be shown.

Ben McKeen     [log in to unmask]   age 62,  10 years a Parky,