Hi Milo -
   Thank you for your letter supporting alternative medicine.  The double
blind studies that the medical community insists on are nice--and I, too, am
thankful to have them, but ultimately what is useful for each one of us
depends not on what happened to the higher percentage in the double blind
study, but what happens to us individually.
   I know you probably already have, but I have either forgotten or missed
it--please, share what alternative medicines you have found useful.  I take
grape seed extract, Vitamins C and E, Co-Q and Ginko Biloba as well as
various others off and on.  I haven't noticed an effect, but how do we know
the effect if it is one of slowing down the progress.
   Anyway, please share what alternative practices you are using.
   Thank you.
   Joan