Hello All,

On Mon, 7 Oct 1996 04:54:41 -0400
Rosemary wrote:
>If each person on this list could get their home town paper or better, tv
>station, to run a "special interest" short on the Udall Bill and
>Parkinson's disease (perhaps in January), I think it would help a great
>deal.  Nothing makes our congressmen sit up and take notice like a media
>account of something---especially if their name is in it.  And most
>wouldn't want  their name in such an article if it were to report they were
>NOT for the Udall Bill.

Excellent point!  It warms the cockles of my heart to read ALL the
productive and creative ideas/plans that our group has been writing about.
And the knowledge & talent this 1000+ group of ours represents...!!!We
should feel invincible. But, first we must organize! How about each of us
putting on our thinking cap and making a list: 1) what actions are necessary
for a successful lobbying effort?, and 2) what can we each do to help
accomplish this goal? For example, I am sure Rosemary would be happy to
provide us with a copy of her letter to the editor to use as a blue-print
for the rest of us who are not as eloquent. I would like to appeal to EACH
member of this listserv to participate. If you are not comfortable to
communicate publicly, PLEASE feel free to email Barbara Schirloff
([log in to unmask]) or [log in to unmask] with your ideas and suggestions and
most importantly WHERE you are located.  Even if you cannot participate in
organizational efforts, YOU ARE A VOTER and we need to know how
representative our PWP group is nationally.

Margaret Tuchman(54yrs,dx1980)