Bernado:
I have written to Senator D'Amato  on behalf of Udall Bill many times
since PAN was first introduced to a group of us by Joan Samuelson
 at a  Symposium at Col.-Pres. Med .Cent. in October 1994.
My  work plan was to FAX  the members of Congress and then
send a copy of the FAX by U.S.Mail.  Ninety percent of the time
I received at least a reply.  My own representative Eliot Engel was
among the first to cosponsor (July 1995, I believe.).
After two years (Sept. 1996) I finally received an answer from
Senator D'Amato. He did not exactly commit himself, but did promise to
consider the Udall Bill..I believe it was a form letter, the same as received
by
other correspondents from his constituency.

I am not an ACTIVIST  per se,  but was committed to having increased
funding  for  PD research  via the Udall Bill.

BUT,  I wonder what gain will be made via MUCKRAKING in the press now ?
[log in to unmask] (Mary Manfredi)