Brian Collins wrote:

  <Hello all: Continuing the debate with Will A Kuipers, Re email dated 6 Oct.

  <  Hello Will,  A couple of points are worth making: On and Off symptoms
  <are generally only really noticeable in the later years of PD. In the
  <early years the story is more like a slow progression from a condition
  <where the tablets are coping effectively, to one where they are not. The
  <other characteristic which is linked with later years is diskinesias (Or
  <random uncontrolled movements). These are caused by an excess dose of
  <Levadopa. It is, as far as I can tell, the only negative side-effect
  <associated with levodopa (Apart from slight nausea which affects some
  <people.)    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

    Etc.

Hello Brian,

Thank you very much for your response. It was clear and very enlightening.
There were times that I felt that my med. reactions were so oddball that I had
my doubts about the diagnosis.
I can only conclude that the progress of PD in my case is slow.
Thank heavens for that. Hope that continues at that rate or less.
You ask do I feel the same, good or bad?
I feel great almost all the time. Can do anything.
My muscles feel like they used to do after overexercise, but that does not feel
bad.
Have trouble getting in and out of a car, but that is due to arthrytic knees.
I am slowing down and have a nap after lunch, but that is what any man of
my age probably does.
About all I need to do is discourage my neuro to up my Sinemet dosage, just
because he imagines that the tremor got worse. It is really not bad.
Thanks again,

Will A. Kuipers     ( Dallas, Texas )     ( 75 / dx '91 )
INTERNET:[log in to unmask]

Hello Brian