Barb, the effect of the fan under the flouresent light, is a strobe
effect, if you pulsate a light source at the exact speed or multiples of
the speed of a moving object, such as the fan blade, the object appears
to stop. This is used to examine a part for defects when under operating
conditions. It can also cause discomfort when the speed varies, and the
reflection of light from the object is seen by the eye.  I wonder if
these effects can be used in a positive way to help PWP??? I do know that
a light source powered from household frequencies could be run from a DC,
that is a direct current, source, and the resulting light would be
steady, like daylight. I hope this discussion can be of some use to the
cause.

[OO] LOOKING FOR RADIOS!
Ken Becker