Hi Folks,

I'm back off a holiday which went reasonably well except for a horrific 6
hour return flight.

I read the Engineer jokes on return amongst the other 547 messages.  (Could
not stop mail before leaving because my server had a major system crash).

Thought I would adapt a new Engineer joke for you.

A man fishing from a rowing boat on his local lake overbalanced and fell
into the water.  Being a poor swimmer he quickly got into difficulties.

When a passer-by spotted this, he dived into the water and managed to drag
him up to the shore.

A crowd gathered, and several people tried to revieve him with mouth to
mouth resuscitation without much success until a doctor pushed his way
through the crowd.  He pointed out that the poor man's lungs were  obviously
full of water, turned him face down and proceeded to press and release his
back. Sure enough, copious amounts of water began to gush and pour from the
man's mouth.

Whilst this was going on, another man pushed to the front of the crowd,
quietly observed the doctor for a while and then said, "Do you mind if I
make a suggestion?"

The hard pressed doctor snapped, "Listen Mister, I don't know who you are
but I am a doctor of 25 years experience and am highly qualified in
resuscitation so I can assure you I know what I am doing".

"That may be the case", replied the stranger, "But I am a Marine Engineer
and can assure YOU that if you do not pull his rear end above the water
line, you are going to empty the lake!".

All for now,

Ernie.

Ernie Peters ([log in to unmask])