Good Morning,

According to http://politicsnow.com, there are 53 Open Seats(30 Dems-23 Rep)
in the House. That means that we can let our voices be heard in the
selection of 53 new Representatives! It is not enough to just vote someone
out of office, it is MOST important to check the credentials and promisory
notes of the new candidates NOW! They should be contacted, given a tutorial
of the Udall bill and requested to take a stand. Unfortunately, that is
still NOT a Done Deal (as B. Schirloff says), but it is a beginning.
If you have no access to an internet browser, please email me with your
location and I will try to get you the information about the candidates in
your area.

In fact, EVERYBODY please email me (not the group) with your location.  It
will aid in disseminating information. Anybody is welcomed to join in and
provide service to make a difference in 1997!!
Since I am from NJ, here is the info for NJ:

NEW JERSEY----------------------------CANDIDATES
SEN. OPEN---------------#ZIMMER, DICK (R-NJ-12), #TORRICELLI, ROBT(D-NJ-09)
#SEN. LAUTENBERG, FRANK (D)
NJ-01 - #ANDREWS, R. (D)--------------- #INCUMBENT -&-- NELSON, SOPHIA (R)
NJ-02 - LOBIONDO, F. (R)--------------------    INCUMBENT -&-- KATE, RUTH (D)
NJ-03 - SAXTON, J. (R)---------------------INCUMBENT --&- LEONARDI, JOHN (D)
NJ-04 - SMITH, CHRIS (R)-------------------     INCUMBENT --&- MEARA, KEVIN (D)
NJ-05 - ROUKEMA, M. (R) --------------------    INCUMBENT -&-- AUER, BILL (D)
NJ-06 - #PALLONE, FRANK (D-------------#INCUMBENT --&- CORODEMUS, STEVEN (R)
NJ-07 - FRANKS, RBT. (R)--------------  INCUMBENT -&-- LERNER, LARRY (D)
NJ-08 - MARTINI, B. (R)---------------  INCUMBENT -&-- PASCERELL, WM (D)
NJ-09 - OPEN  (TORRICELLI)---   ROTHMAN, STEVEN (D) --&- DONOVAN, KATHLEEN (R)
NJ-10 - #PAYNE, D. (D)- ----------      #INCUMBENT --&- WILLIAMS, VANESSA (R)
NJ-11 - #FRELINGHUYSEN, R. (R)--------  #INCUMBENT &--- EVANGEL, CHRIS (D)
NJ-12 - OPEN  (ZIMMER)-------PAPPAS, MICHAEL (R) --&- DEL VECCHIO, DAVID (D)
NJ-13 - #MENENDEZ, R. (D)-------------  #INCUMBENT -&-- MUNOZ, CARLOS (R)