Jason wrote: "Yes, Samson was great. I only got to see him twice (I am only
26).
I know that one of the side effects of taking too much amantadine, for me
anyway, is an increase in shaking. I won't call it tremor because on no meds
at all, I have no tremor.
I have tried it. Being on no meds at all worked...for about 3 hours, I can
tell you that for nothing. Anyway, what I'm getting at is I think Paul
(Nausieda) may have chosen the wrong med for your dad. I don't think
amantadine is the best anti-tremor drug available."
On cheeseheads.
And gooooooooo Packers

Hi Jason,

good to hear from you. Too bad the zoo couldn't get Samson to mate with
another gorilla.  We could use another Samson! So, you could very well be
correct that Dr. Nauseida choose the wrong medicine for Dad. It's simply
trial and error I guess.

I'm curious though, what other anti-tremor drugs, besides Sinemet, are
available and helpful? Brian Collins wrote: "Amantadine is considered rather
old-fashioned these days and is not used much. (How old is your doctor?)."
By the way Brian, Dr. N is probably in his late 40's (is that correct
Jason?)

 Is it true, all you experienced PWPD, that using Amantadine as an
anti-tremor drug is behind the times? Any other suggestions for us to try
before resorting to Sinemet? Dad sees his PD doc, Dr. Nauseida, October
16th. We'd love to go in with ammo/questions for him.

To all the Wisonsinites/cheeseheads out there, I second Jason's cheer,
goooooooooooooo PACK! (I'm going to my 1st Green Bay packers/Lambeau Field
game November 3rd. I'm so psyched!)

Bye! Kristin