Hi Mya Marsh
> How quickly does PD progress?  I gather it's different for everyone,
> but is there some kind of an average for the majority?

You can make statistics read ANYTHING! It really IS different for each
PWP. The range of possibilities can be from a very fast progress over
say 5 years, to a very slow one over, say 40 years! 5+40=45 45/2=22.5
which doesn't help YOU much :-) How long is a piece of string?

> How much can a proper diet & exercise routine benefit?

Exercise is ESSENTIAL. Once you lose tone in Parkinsonian muscle it's a
real b****r to get it back, because you can't set up an autonomous
movement to exercise - you have to concentrate on EVERY movement!

Some people find it beneficial to postone eating protein till the
evening, as protein intake may compete for crossing the blood/brain
barrier with the medications. For myself, I haven't found the need yet,
but I've only had PD for ten years - it's early days yet!

--
Jeremy Browne, Hampshire, UK
Shaking Hands BBS, Fidonet 2:252/160 (+44 1252 626233, also FAX)