Welcome to the group.  I, too, am pulling information about PD for my parents .... Dad's the PWP (Person with Parkinson's), my mom's his primary CG (Caregiver).

You'll also find that the PWP is also referred to as the CP (Care Partner).

I've been on the list now for nearly a year.  (Dad was diagnosed (dx'd) 6 or so years ago, but first, they didn't tell us right away -- for about 3 years, and then it took me another 2 years to adjust to the news that I felt compelled to do research.

I'll caution you a little.  You'll find that there is a tremendous amount of information, and it may seem to be contradictory at times.  It is.  Each person's Parkinson's is so personal, so unique, that what works for one won't work for another.  I read everything, and measure what I can against Dad's situation and his reactions to what has been tried.

You've got friends here.  Lots of them.  Everyone's willing to help and share their experiences.  In time, you'll have information to add to the group's collective knowledge... and then you can welcome the next person to the group... until that happy day when we won't have any new people to welcome.

Sorry to those who've been around a while if I seemed to climb onto a soap box... I just recognized my own feelings in Mya's comments, and had to say something.

Diane McHutchison
Email -- [log in to unmask]
Long distance caregiver for Dad  (68/6+)