Gaylon,
I do feel you jumped way to fast attributing  an abortion stance to Marjories'
letter.  I had to reread it.  All that was indicated to me was the stupidity of
standing in a tropical storm with young children and babies.  Would your
reaction have been the same if the signs had said SAVE THE WHALES. I think
not.I'm sure Marjorie doesn't need my imput, she does an excellent and eloquent
of presenting her own view points. I did want to put my 2 cents in.  I
personally feel that walking around with a placard (even without a tropical
storm) falls into the same classification as wearing a ribbon for this or that
program)I hope there isn't one for PD)
by wearing the ribbon you have identified yourself as one of the good and
honorable, now lets go play bingo.  Nobody is denying the right to demonstrate.
 If that's how they get their kicks, God bless 'em.  I can identify with you
more on not relying on Big Brother.  I do feel you're a little optimistic on a
private slush fund. Lets say (heaven forbid) we would accumulate 250,000.000.
No CEO worth his salt would administrate an amount like that for less than 4-5
million.  Now he must have a staff, offices, perks. A panel to  decide on where
to spend the little remaining.  Sound familiar?  Sounds to me like the Federal
Government.  Maybe that's what's meant by Trickle Down Economics.  There's only
a trickle left.  I think Marjorie has the better solution.Lets compare the
institutions that already exist.  Who has the best ratio of research to
overhead?  Then lets pool our resources and pledge our financial backing for
research. I'll even pledge not to write any more long, boring letters.
Albert (Joe) Young Jr.