Gaylon Johnson made a good suggestion.

He suggested that all Parkies contribute, say $10 a month for PD research, etc.
He calculated that we would easily pass the total amount the Udall bill is
likely to make available.

Well Gaylon, I don't know about you, but I earmark almost all my charity budget
for this purpose, except for a small amount for Alzheimers research, because it
is close to our problem and a larger amount for cancer research, because my
sweet CG is in remission from breast cancer.

The problem, Gaylon, as I see it, is, that it does not make sense to
compartmentalize this, as if we were all living in different little worlds. A
cubicle for Parkies, a cubicle for Alzies, a cubicle for prostate cancerites,
and so on. All hollering for money, like a lot of sparrows in a nest hollering
for a morsel of food.
That is logical and efficient?
We all have an equal chance to catch something nasty like this. Nobody is
excepted.
This goes further than Udall. Why should Parkies get more money than anybody
else? Or less for that matter.
Why not have an insured benefit equally available to all? And that would be
government-paid research
The only problem would then be to be sure and have an adequate total amount,
sort of like the total defense budget.

Just a thought.

Would you please explain the clever ASCII art you sign off with?
I can't quite make out what it is.

Thanks,

Will A. Kuipers     ( Dallas, Texas )      ( 75 / dx '91 )
INTERNET:[log in to unmask]