Will A. Kuipers wrote:

> doctors prescribe PD medicines. Each seems to be doing  his own thing.
>
> When I was diagnosed 5 years ago I was put on 2 Eldepryl 5 mg. daily (in the
> morning and
> at noon) and 2 Cinemet CR (50-200) also daily (in the morning and in the
> evening).
> Why he started me off on CR I don't know. Other patients get other meds and
> dosages,
> I found. Are we the private research projects of our doctors?
>
> Anyway, maybe because of the CR I never experienced "on" or "off" conditions.
> Everything is
> the same throughout the day. As a matter of fact I am at my best in the early
> morning.This is
> probably an envious situation when compared withothers with severe ups and
> downs, but it
> makes me sometimes wonder why I take these meds.

> I wonder if there are more people with no clear on or off symptoms, either due
> to the meds
> or due to the fact that maybe their PD has not progressed very far.
> One way to find out is to temporarely quit taking the meds, but my dr. has
> cautioned against this.

I have not on or off symptoms either.I decided my myself to reduce to half the
prescription (originaly prescribed 200 mg levodopa/daily and 5 mg seleginine/daily )
and I am getting along OK without the tremor in my right thumb and hand.These were my
symptons quite light compared with what happens in advanced phases as you may see in
these mails.

(66 yrs, diagnosed 94)

           |  Internet :    [log in to unmask]             |
           +---------------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |--------------+