Ron Vetter wrote:
> I remember several instances: childhood nightmares, typhoid fever
when 11,
> post-divorce depression, deep depression after only daughter (only child of
> 2nd marriage) was killed by being hit by an automobile in 1978. My
> diagnosis was obtained in 1984.

It is absolutely normal to be depressed when one experiences the
life-altering events you have mentioned.  There are many, many
people who have lived through even more traumatic incidences without
developing PD, however.

Too much Dopamine has been identified as the possible cause of some
psychosis, specifically schizophrenia.  It should not be surprising that
too little Dopamine can cause depression.  Infact, perhaps we have a
chicken-egg dilemma here - what comes first?  Do low levels of Dopamine
cause depression prior to PD symptoms, or does depression cause low levels
of Dopamine.  I'm voting for the former.
 ------
Regards
 Mary Ann