Marvin,

Great little poem!!  I can relate to it.  I'm the CG for John 65/1yr,
but I have the Lupus and Fibromaylgia.  I get the questions and statements
like:  "You don't LOOK sick"....oh, can you see inside my body?
"If you'd lose some of that weight I'm sure it would go away!!"  The only
weight I'll lose is when you go away...ha.ha... Do you think I am fat because
I like it?  Or: "Why do you force yourself to do things if it hurts you?"
Because you don't take your share of party giving!..Because I refuse to give
up and die.  If I'm going to hurt sitting at home in a chair or going to
a craft festival, what difference does it make?  It makes a lot of difference
in my sanity.  My father taught me to never give up but to fight for anything
I want....I want to live and I refuse to let these diseases kill me.  That
is what I told my husband when we found out he had the prostate cancer and
then the parkinson's....WE WILL FIGHT to the bitter end.

Sorry I got so carried away there.  I enjoy this group and have learned so
much valuable information and hints.

Took John off the Nutrasweet...we were able to cut his meds in half...then
this past week I had to increase his sinnmet cr (sorry about the spelling)
1/2 a tablet more as he was shuffling his feet a bit.  Last night he told
me he hadn't been taking the increase 1/2 the time.  So, I guess I'll have
to watch him a little closer and remind him about the meds.  He watches
our 3 yr. old granddaughter and her "official duty" is to see that papaw
takes his medicine at lunch time.  She's pretty good at it. ha.ha.  She
keeps him up and moving and not have time to feel sorry for himself. Of
course, he has her spoiled rotten but isn't that what papaw's are for?
ha.ha.

Have a good weekend everyone...

nancy
cg john 65/1