A new subscriber, Mya Marsh, wrote:

  <"I just found out last weekend that my father was diagnosed with PD, 3
  <months ago.  He's 53.  Now that the inital shock and anger that something
  <like this could happen to my father has settled, I am determined to find out
  <everything I can for my dad and myself, and to share this information.  I've
  <been amazed with the information available on the internet.  I've pulled off
  <about 300 pgs of reading to take home to Dad.

  <I have a few questions:
  <How quickly does PD progress?  I gather it's different for everyone, but is
  <there some kind of an average for the majority?

Hi Mya,

I'll say they are different, but in our local support organization there are
several Parkies with
20 years after diagnosis and you could not even tell there is anything wrong
with them. But then
when you talk with them they may have gone through bad stages and now have the
benefit of
Pallidotomy operations. Not all though, some are allright just with medication.
Quite a few lead almost normal lives.
Plenty of reason to take heart.

Will A. Kuipers      ( Dallas, Texas )     ( 75 / dx '91 )
INTERNET:[log in to unmask]