Ben,
My mother in law gets very severe SAD - especially during the winter.  She
found some full spectrum light bulbs at a store called WalMart for about
$4.00 a piece - they are called Gro Lights!(Try hardware stores if you don't
have a WalMart)  She found out while calling around that electrical
contractors supply the fluorescent full-spectrum lighting tubes (2 feet for
shortest one) and they referred her to WAlMart.  There are also banks of
lights that run about $300-400.  She sits under the light bulbs several
times a day while reading and finds that takes care of the problem - for her
at least.  Full spectrum lighting can be very expensive - tons of big units
out there.

Kathy (friend of John 75/2)
At 11:12 AM 10/10/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Does anyone have any information about depression caused by Seasonal
>Affective Disorder? In particular, I'm looking for recommendations
>about any of the devices available for light therapy to treat S.A.D.
>
>Ben

Kathy McQuade-Sedler, Herbalist
Sedler's MOTHER EARTH HERBS
5272-A West Gold Ct.