Maryhelen,
You mentioned several little things that help you such as elastic wrist
watch, shoe lace fasteners, and a hook to help you zip up your pants....
My mother-in-law has PD and is on a very low budget, but I help her out when
ever I can afford it.  She has gotten rapidly worse.  Just in the last few
months.  She seems to have given up and is letting PD take over...
I know that she gets depressed because of things she is no longer able to
do, such as tying her shoes.  She also is unable to bend over, I am not sure
if that is from PD or osteoporothis (sp)arthritis or all three.
If there are several other things out there that will help her do some of
the trhings she used to do on her own maybe it would help.
Could you give me an idea of what is out there and how much some of these
things cost and where I can find them. I understan that you decided to throw
all of your stuff away and I understand why, but Dorothy lives just with her
husband who is often gone during the day and likes to take care of herself.
i am only 4-5 blocks away if she needs me, but she has always been
independent and hates to ask for too much help.  She has accepted the PD
enought that she will ask for help as in writing checks and when sje is out
in public.  But it is when she is alone that she gets depressed for not
being able to do things.

Laurie