This message, as my messages usually are, will be controversial. So, if any
of you are not in the mood to be offended, close this window right now.
I am not sure whether or not I read the subject on the substance that keeps
brain cells from regenerating on a web page, or if it was indeed a listserv
posting. I am sure I did not dream it, though.
Now, it seems to me (as if we didn't hear Bob Dole say "seems to me" enough
at the debate), that no one is interested in finding a "Cure" for our
illness. It appears that we are putting all of our hopes in shitty little
pills. I've got some bad news for the sinemet addicts, a simple pill is not
going to cure your disease. It may help for a little while, but we all know
what happens next.
It may be a few years away, but they are going to find a way to "fix" us.
There is no doubt in my mind about this. Whether it is finding a way to get
rid of this substance, or something else, I guarantee you that soon, someone
will find a revolutionary treatment that will mean an end to all neurodegenera
tive diseases. Why not talk more about that for a change.

Jacob