At 04:02 PM 10/9/96 -0400,Martin Bayne wrote:
 We can begin to appreciate that the repressive,
>suffocating, paranoia of dogmatic religious fundamentalism is a
>long-standing tradition in Western culture, and Rep. Christopher Smith
>is just one small pawn on a very large and ever-evolving chessboard. We
>should also know that we do have options:  contact Smith's Democratic
>opponent at http://www.meara.org and offer your support. MKB

__________________________________________________-

What else do we know about Mr. Smith?
        He is a big supporter of Newt Gingrich, even to the point when on
September 19th, Smith voted not to release to the public the Ethics Report
on Gingrich's violations.
        On August 4, 1995, he opposed worker safety by cutting the
Occupational Safety and Health Administration budget.
        He voted for deep cuts in the child nutrition and school lunch
programs with House Vote #1269 in 1995.   He also voted to cut over $478
million in funding earmarked for the Drug Free Schools program with House
Vote #1251, in 1995.

                             TRW Spacecraft Operations East
                                    14320 Sullyfield Circle
                                         Chantilly VA 22021