Anecdotal info to go with  comments re: registry and government control.

As Parkinson's patients, researchers, and med. professionals gathered at the
state capital for the governor's signature on the legislation to establish
the PD registry - the result of a statewide, 2 year effort to get such
legislation enacted - the governor's remarks ended with this comment.

"We have no cause to celebrate the creation of this Registry.  The day to
celebrate will be the day that there are NO MORE Names to add to the
Registry."

Think about that when you thoughts go to government control.

I must add that I am surprised at the response to the comments regarding the
registry. Many times I have read messages concerning contamination by
pesticide or other environmental agents.  The calls to action requesting
someone look into these issues.  Did you ever stop to think what steps were
necessary in order to explore environmental issues?
We are discussing a disease that has 1.5 million victims.........or is it
more?  We have no hard data on the numbers.

How do you think tumor statistics are gathered?

How would you suggest that an epidemiological study be conducted?  No single
physician/researcher sees every PD patient in his or her state.