Hello, I've been on the outside looking in for a while now and finally
decided to join forces.  Actually, a friend of mine who is preparing for
a pallidotomy needs some assistance and I assured him this is the place
to get it.  His pre-determination by his health insurance (Blue
Cross/Blue Shield of Memphis, TN) turned him down.  I'm sure there is
some mistake but has anyone else had a pallidotomy with coverage from
this insurance company?  He is scheduled to have this done the end of
October and is very disturbed about the situation.

Just a little introduction from myself.  I am a 50 year-young female and
was diagnosed with PD ten years ago.  It was seven years after I was
diagnosed before I found someone else who had PD.  I discovered the Young
Parkinson's Support Group via computer and my world has never been the
same since.  We started a support group (not young, just regular) and I
have truly been blessed by the nice people I have met along the way.  I
have had two pallidotomies done, both on the left side.  The first one
was done in Sweden (yes, I was an Alan Bonander follower, too and I miss
him as we all do) and the second one was done 50 miles down I-40 and
across the Mississippi River in Memphis, TN.  I won't ramble on any more
but could (and should) write a book about my last ten years.  Thanks for
your help for my friend.