Ben,

I sent in the original article about S.A.D.

I have just phoned the company from which I purchased my light box.  There
was only one member of staff available being Saturday afternoon, but that
person believed there was an an agent in The United States making or
distributing a version to work on your voltages.

I will find out on Monday and post a message to the group with any details I
obtain.  The company appears to be a major if not the major supplier in
Europe of these devices since 1985 and I found their product to be well made
and reliable.  BTW, I must emphasis I am only a customer of this Company and
have no other connection with it whatsoever.

Kathy,

cheap but of course not very powerful.  As you imply, adequate treatment of
S.A.D. ivolves a function of light INTENSITY and DURATION of exposure.  The
brighter the full spectrum light source the less time you have to sit in
front of them.  Does your mother-in-law find that the Gro lights are
adequate on their own? I will bow to your knowledge and experience on this.

If the Grow lights do work then people could try sitting under several of
them to see if they make a difference before investing in more powerful
units.  But they should be prepared to be under them for quite a while for a
fair test.  I understand that they work better if placed in front of you so
that more of the light enters the eye.

BTW, my unit is like a box about 18"x11"x7" so can be moved from location to
location easily.

Ernie Peters ([log in to unmask])