It appears to me that some people are fortunate enough to be sheltered from
the activities of anti-abortion zealots and specifically 'Operation Rescue's'
activities. Albert Young said that "carrying placards falls into the same
classification as wearing a ribbon for this or that."  I have to disagree.
 Every week, near my three year old daughter's pre-school, anti-abortion
activists protest in front of the local Planned Parenthood.  This is not a
tasteful, mature contrast in opinions.  The protesters, for many months now,
have been displaying placards (5 foot by 7 foot!) showing a graphic, bloody,
dismembered full-term baby.  There has also been local activism trying to
balance free speech with these offensive displays (by so-called 'pro-life'
groups!).

I have no illusion that anyone can change the view of the zealots who lead
these groups, however I agree that there are a lot of well-meaning gullible
people who know no better than to believe lies such as the Udall Bill would
have newborn babies killed for their brain tissue.  My compliments to
Margaret Tuchman for her excellent and constructive suggestions about how to
educate and promote the truth.  I agree that the real enemy is IGNORANCE and
I'd like to add APATHY.  In the Parkinson's arena, let's all do our part to
find the cure!!

Lynn Fielder (34/2.5)