Barb,
There is a huge difference between registering as disabled with the DMV and a
database (Registry) maintained by the State Health Department.

One of the great things about the USA is that we are able to provide
legislation that stipulates exactly what state agencies must disclose and
must not disclose.   As a result of legislative action in NE we are able to
have the State Health Department maintain information for the medical
research community  without concern that this information is accessible to
the DMV  or our employer, or our next door neighbor................but is
available to those professionals who might be able to use this information to
provide insight into the problems which affect our quality of life.

Rita Weeks