On Tue, 8 Oct 1996 [log in to unmask] wrote:

> Does anyone know of a watch that can be pre-set for four alarm settings .
>  Does anyone have any other ideas for dispensing the proper meds at the
> proper times to someone who is having memory problems and confusion?  A
pill
> box that can be carried and has each dose compartmentalized and with an
alarm
> that can be pre-set for the day's dosages is probably OK too.  Can you
Help?

> Thanks very much.
>
> Susan Reese

Hello,

I just bought a pill timer at a local Radio Shack.
It has two timers plus a clock. You can have the two
independent timers going at the same time.
Each timer can be either a count down timer with audible
beep for a minute and then it becomes a count up timer,
with a max time of 100 hours.
The way that I use it:  I take my dose of meds and set
timer1 to 2Hr 15Min  0Sec then I start timer1 counting
down.  After timer1 has exhausted its time, the audible
beep sounds for at most 1Min.

  <------------ 3 inches  ----------->
 |____________________________________|_
 |                                    | ^ select display
 |  TIMER 1     TIMER 2      CLOCK    | | <<---  buttons
 |____________________________________| |
 |              |                     | |
 |  Radio Shack |    _    _   _ T1 T2 | |
 |______________|_____________________| |
 |                            _____   | |
 |                           /stop \  | |       Input
 |  (H)  (M)  (S)  (clear)  |memory|  | | <<-- buttons
 |                           \start/  | |       Control
 |____________________________________|_v

I press any button to stop a timer that is sounding
an alarm.  The timer remembers the last time interval
so just press the multi-purpose memory button and the
timer resets to 2Hr 15Min 0Sec
I press the multi-purpose start button to begin another
count down.
It works for me... Good Luck

    _/  Jon D. Stedman                  _/
   _/  1201-92 Sycamore Terrace        _/