On 6 OCT 96 Will A Kulpers writes
 <Anyhow, maybe because of the CR I never experienced "on" or "off" conditions.
 <
 <but it makes me sometimes wonder why I take these meds.
 <I have no problems walking, but my voice is affected.
 <
 <I wonder if there are more people with no clear on or off symptons, either due
 <to the meds
 <or due to the fact that their PD has not progressed very far.

Hi Will,

Sorry to be so late in answering.
Add me to your list right away.
I am 68 and PD was diagnosed 9 years ago. Initially, my speech and  handwriting,
coupled with a tendency of my eyes to close, were the main problems. More
recently I have been experiencing problems with my balance and also with my
walking. And never a twitch nor a feeling of normality and well-being to show
for it!
Like you I sometimes wondered why I took the Sinemet but now know when a
dose is due. Instead of feeling "off" I realise that I am quite unable to open
my
eyes to see this wretched video screen. So I suppose that that is how I register
being "off". If I do manage to open my eyes and if I get up then I shall
probably
lose my balance and fall over more readily. It wasn't so easy recognising the
"off" signals in the early days. But they were there all right. A pronounced
tingling sensation in my left forearm was most useful in finding the minimum
dose
of Sinemet.

Does anybody else have "off" and "on" recognition problems?

JACK TIBBS [log in to unmask]