Allan....

I take about 1/2 the pre-surgery dosage of Sinamet, which is all I've ever
taken, excepting for 1/2 of a 20 mg. Paxil, (the latter of which has been
added since the surgery). There are occasional days when I might take an
additional 1/2 Sinemet late in the evening if I feel the need.  But on the
average day, I take a 1/2 a Sinemet 25/250 about noon, a Sinemet CR 50/200
about 1 hour later, the two of which seems to carry me very well till I take
another 1/2 Sinemet 25/250 about 6 p.m., and then 1/2 a Sinemet 25/250 at
about 9 p.m.  The only other thing I take daily is between 800 and 1200 ICUs
of vitamin E daily for toe/leg cramping prevention (works quite well for me),
and I wear an estrogen patch for replacement of estrogen (Errrrr.... YOU won't
have to consider taking THAT!) <grin>

Dr. Iacono believes the pallidotomy as he performs it, will provide lifetime
PD symptomatic relief.  I'm inclined to believe that based upon my own
observations.  However, I never forget that in THIS battle, my opponant is
VERY devious, and exceptionlly persistant.  So frankly, m'dear, I'd say this
is ONE thing in life that each of us won't know till we're wearing our
respective halos and wings and are floating around in the heavens.  At THAT
time, we'll be able to take stock of the "Lifetime guarantee."  However,
future pallidotomy recipients will benefit from what information WE will have
provided at the time of our ascension On High <GAWD... I'm waxing lyrical and
talking about CROAKING, fer goodness sake!> (grin), as we'll have answered
that question.

And HEY... maybe by THAT time, no one will even HAVE PD!!  Maybe there'll be a
"cure," or a vaccine, or.... or...... (Clap if you want Tinkerbell to live!)
<do you still believe in the Tooth Fairy?> (SHUDDUP, BARBIE!)

Barb Mallut,